Experience the San Juan Islands without the hassle of long ferry lines and short travel time! Enjoy a full-day of fun kayaking at the quiet side of the San Juans — the Lummi Island. Book online!
Full Day Trip – Chuckanut Bay (5 Hours)
- Child Ages 7-16. Please call to inquire about children younger than 6 years old
- Private Group up to 8 people
- Large Group Prices vary depending on group size
Spend the Day Exploring the Beauty of Chuckanut Bay on a Kayak!
This is our favorite local kayaking experience! Launching from Larrabee State Park, we spend the day exploring the intricate sandstone formations, nooks and crannies of the intertidal zone and basking in the Pacific Northwest beauty. Due to our wonderful schedule we have plenty of time to explore a variety of coastlines from river deltas to seal haul-outs while taking little breaks along the way to enjoy the views. We stop for lunch (provided and prepared by your Moondance Guides) on Chuckanut Island, a beautiful refuge that is protected by The Nature Conservancy. After lunch we to hop back in the kayaks to refine our paddling technique and search for more of this regions hidden gems, including bald eagles, sea stars, harbor seals and the occasional porpoise or river otter. Come discover what sea kayaking in the pacific northwest is all about without any hassle from a ferry line!
- 10:20am: Arrive at Wildcat Cove – park your vehicle, get yourself ready for the day.
- 10:30am: Meet your guide, hand out safety equipment and help move boats to the water.
- 10:45 Discuss kayak safety, paddling technique, and the day’s route.
- 11:00am On the water! Enjoy the views, explore the coastline, and learn about the plants, animals, and history of Chuckanut Bay. Our guides are well trained naturalists and love sharing their knowledge!
- 12:30pm: Take a leisurely lunch break on an beautiful Island, explore by foot or simply relax on the beach.
- 1:30pm: Back in the boats, there’s more to see!
- 3:00/3:15pm: Land back in Wildcat Cove/Larrabee State Park. Help load boats and return safety gear.
- 3:30pm: So long for now!
- All related kayaking gear (High Quality fiberglass TANDEM sea kayaks, Paddles, PFD/Life-jacket, Spray Skirt and other related safety equipment).
- 10 liter dry bag for personal items you’d like to bring along (phone, wallet, layers, keys).
- Vegetarian Lunch + light on-water snack is included unless otherwise discussed (we do our best to provide organic and locally sourced).
- Experienced Sea Kayak + Naturalist Guide
- Kayak Launch Fee’s
- Personal Gear (water footwear, extra layers, camera, hat, water bottle, etc.)
- Washington State Discover Parking Pass (Required at all WA State Parks)
- Guide Gratuity
During summer 2022 masks are optional, please bring your own if you plan to wear one while on land.
Moderate physical strength and health as we will be out for approx. 5 hours and up to 7 miles of paddling. Please be sure to communicate any personal health concerns with our staff or guides prior to trip departure. All guests will be required to fill out a liability form prior to departure. Kayak weight limit is 250 LBS per person.
Available for active Military and their immediate family, K-12 school teachers and/or groups. Contact us after the booking to receive a discount