A private kayaking adventures in Lummi Island is perfect to spend quality time with your loved ones! This slow-paced magical little island will inspire you to relax and enjoy the rhythms of the island life.
Private Full Day Trip – Chuckanut Bay
- Private Group Private Group up to 16 people • Starting at $500
An Intimate Kayaking Adventure at Chuckanut Bay for You and Your Group!
Our same great Full-Day Kayak tour, but with the intimacy of being able to go at your own pace, have a smaller and more personalized group trip.
This is our favorite local kayaking experience! Launching from Larrabee State Park, we spend the day exploring the intricate sandstone formations, nooks and crannies of the intertidal zone and basking in the Pacific Northwest beauty. Due to our wonderful schedule we have plenty of time to explore a variety of coastlines from river deltas to seal haul-outs while taking little breaks along the way to enjoy the views. We stop for lunch (provided and prepared by your Moondance Guides) on Chuckanut Island, a beautiful refuge that is protected by The Nature Conservancy. After lunch we to hop back in the kayaks to refine our paddling technique and search for more of this regions hidden gems, including bald eagles, sea stars, harbor seals and the occasional porpoise or river otter. Come discover what sea kayaking in the pacific northwest is all about without any hassle from a ferry line!
- 10:20am: Arrive at Wildcat Cove – park your vehicle, get yourself ready for the day.
- 10:30am: Meet your guide, hand out safety equipment and help move boats to the water.
- 10:45 Discuss kayak safety, paddling technique, and the day’s route.
- 11:00am On the water! Enjoy the views, explore the coastline, and learn about the plants, animals, and history of Chuckanut Bay. Our guides are well trained naturalists and love sharing their knowledge!
- 12:30pm: Take a leisurely lunch break on an beautiful Island, explore by foot or simply relax on the beach.
- 1:30pm: Back in the boats, there’s more to see!
- 3:00pm: Land back in Wildcat Cove/Larrabee State Park. Help load boats and return safety gear.
- 3:15pm: So long for now!
- All related kayaking gear (High Quality fiberglass TANDEM sea kayaks, Paddles, PFD/Life-jacket, Spray Skirt and other related safety equipment).
- 10 liter dry bag for personal items you’d like to bring along (phone, wallet, layers, keys).
- Vegetarian Lunch + light on-water snack is included unless otherwise discussed (we do our best to provide organic and locally sourced).
- Experienced Sea Kayak + Naturalist Guide
- Kayak Launch Fee’s
- Personal Gear (water footwear, extra layers, camera, hat, water bottle, etc.)
- Washington State Discover Parking Pass (Required at all WA State Parks)
Check our website to view our gear lists.
Moderate physical strength and health as we will be out for approx. 5 hours and up to 7 miles of paddling. Please be sure to communicate any personal health concerns with our staff or guides prior to trip departure. All guests will be required to fill out a liability form prior to departure.