The San Juan Archipelago is a fabulous kayaking destination! Experience the thrill of paddling and observing marine mammals in their natural habitat, in the pristine waters of the Salish Sea. Book online today!
- Person Ages 17+
- Private Group Min # = 2, Max # =10 for private groups. Call to book.
Join Us For a Nightly bioluminescent Kayaking Adventure in Bellingham Bay!
Come join us for a Bioluminescence Paddle at Larrabee State Park! Our Bioluminescence trips are scheduled around new moon phases as the less light on the outside world provides a better opportunity for us to see these glowing dinoflagellates in the water. You will learn about the wonders of Bioluminescence while having the opportunity to paddle at night. All trips include a guided instruction and are great for beginners and experienced paddlers alike! All guests will be in stable fiberglass northwest made TANDEM sea kayaks. While we do our best to schedule these tours at the most optimal times of the month to see bioluminescence, we can’t guarantee the bioluminescence will be the brightest you have ever seen on any given night. We can however say that traveling in kayaks by night is a truly unique adventure. If you have an open mind and adventurous attitude this tour is for you!
Our bioluminescence tours are very limited, as they are only scheduled near and around the new moon phase. They fill up quickly so be sure to book your adventure before they sell out!
- Meet your guide!
- Help unload boats and issue gear.
- Kayak orientation and paddle technique instruction on land.
- On the water! Enjoy paddling during dusk as you wait for the darkness to come!
- Good work – snack time (either on water, or on a beach along the way)!
- Paddle dark nooks and crannies to look for bioluminescence! Watch your paddles glow!
- Back to the beach, de-issue gear and load up, time to say good-bye for now!
- Thanks for joining and we hope to see you again!
- Tandem fiberglass sea worthy sea kayaks, paddles, spray skirts, PFD’s and other safety equipment, a 10 liter dry bag for extra layers, etc. and professionally trained sea kayak guide.
- Kayak Launch Fee’s
- Guide Gratuity included in price
- Personal Gear – i.e. footwear you can get wet, non-cotton clothing, warm layers, etc. Please be sure to refer to our gear list, included in your confirmation email, upon booking your trip.
- Transportation to or from launch site.
You will get your feet wet up to your knees – please be prepared with proper footwear and clothing. Always be prepared for changing weather with light layers and remember, when the sun goes down it get’s much colder on the water. Check the weather in Bellingham to help prepare yourself for what type of temperature you will be paddling in. Gear list and driving directions will be sent to you upon booking your trip. Recommended maximum weight for double kayaks is 250LBS per person. All guests are required to sign a liability release form upon arrival.