This is our favorite local kayaking experience! We spend the day exploring the intricate sandstone formations, nooks and crannies of the intertidal zone and basking in the Pacific Northwest beauty.
Full Day Trip – Lummi Island (5 Hours)
- Private Group Private Group up to 8 people
- Private Small Group 2 people
- Large Group We offer 10% off groups over 8
Enjoy Kayaking at the Quiet Island of Lummi!
A short 20 minute drive from Bellingham, you arrive at a quaint little Ferry landing where you will catch a short 6 minute ferry ride to beautiful Lummi Island, population 964. This slow-paced magical little island will inspire you to relax and enjoy the rhythms of the island life. Enjoy the San Juan Islands without the hassle of long ferry lines and short travel time!
Times may vary, double check confirmation email.
- 10:30am: Arrive at Legoe Bay, get outfitted and move boats to the water.
- 10:40am: Discuss kayak safety, paddling technique, and the day’s route.
- 11:00am On the water! Enjoy the views, explore the coastline, and learn about the plants, animals, and history of the Salish Sea. Take in the BIG views!
- 12:30pm: Enjoy a leisurely lunch break on a beautiful Island, or pebbled beach- explore and relax.
- 1:30pm: Back in the boats, there’s more to see!
- 3:00pm Land back at Legoe Bay. Load boats and return safety gear.
- 3:15pm So long for now!
**Spring/Early Summer highlights include wildflowers and migratory birds! All summer long enjoy expansive views, unique geology, wild(life) visitors and unique perspective of Lummi Island!
- Stable Fiberglass Tandem Sea Kayaks
- All related kayaking safety equipment (paddle, pfd, spray skirt, etc)
- Locally inspired lunch – please be sure to let us know about any food allergies
- Kayak Launch Fee’s
- Experienced kayak guide
- Personal clothing and/or footwear that can get wet.
- Ferry transportation and/or transportation to and from Lummi Island & launch site
- Personal Water Bottle
- Guide Gratuity
***During summer 2022 masks are optional, please bring your own if you plan to wear one while on land.
Moderate physical ability and willingness to paddle up to 2 hours at a time. This is one of our longest day trip routes. Expect to paddle 7-8 miles round trip being out for at least 4 hours. All guests are required to sign a liability release form upon arrival. Kayak weight limit is 250 LBS per person.
Available for active Military and their immediate family, K-12 school teachers and/or groups. Contact us after the booking to receive a discount