Maps & Directions
We like to think of Bellingham as our basecamp! To maximize time on the water together most of our trips will meet on-site at the kayak launch location for your specific trip. Please be sure to read your confirmation email for detailed information on where and when to meet. Below you will find the launch locations for our regularly scheduled tours.
- Our Full-Day and Half-Day trips launch from Wildcat Cove in Larrabee State Park.
- This boat ramp is on Cove Road off of Chuckanut Drive (Highway 11) just south of Bellingham and Fairhaven.
- To get there from either direction, simply drive along Chuckanut Drive (Highway 11) in Larrabee state park, keeping an eye out for the brown and white boat ramp signs. Following those signs, turn west onto Cove Road (towards the water).
- Parking at Wildcat Cove requires a Washington State Parks Discover Pass. Bring yours if you have one, or pay $10 for a day pass when you arrive. http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/
- Take a look at the map here, or give us a call at (360) 738-7664 for more info.
Lummi Island Directions
- Our Lummi Island Day trips and Wild Foraging Educational tours depart from Lummi Island, WA.
- Lummi Island trips require a short Ferry ride, departing from Gooseberry Point to Lummi Island: 2147 N Nugent Rd, Lummi Island, WA 98262. Walk-on passengers and cars welcome during most months, but please be sure to check the ferry schedule for the day of your departure. Payment is taken on the ferry (for both walk-on’s and vehicles) which includes your return trip.
- Our launch location is a few minute drive from the ferry in Legoe Bay on the west side of the island. Detailed driving directions will be sent upon booking.
- Sunset and Bioluminescence trips depart from different locations depending on the time of season. Generally they depart from Bellingham Bay out of Fairhaven, WA. Directions are generally included in your confirmation email that is sent upon booking.
Sucia Island Directions (departs from Orcas Island)
- All Sucia Island Multi-day Trips launch from North Beach on Orcas Island. CLICK HERE to be redirected to google maps for directions.
- We recommend you arrive on Orcas Island a day before your scheduled departure to ensure an on-time arrival and take the time to enjoy all the amenities Orcas has to offer!
- Ferry reservations to Orcas Island are highly recommended – CLICK HERE to reserve your spot on the Washington State Ferry from Anacortes to Orcas Island.
- If you do not plan on bringing your own car to Orcas Island, please be sure to contact Moondance to arrange for a pick up at the Orcas Island Ferry Terminal.
Cypress Island Directions (departs from Guemes Island)
- All Cypress Island trips depart from Guemes Island (Directions to ferry click here).
- Detailed driving directions will be sent upon booking.
- No ferry reservations are required at this time for the Guemes Island Ferry.
- If you are unable to bring your own vehicle to Guemes, please contact Moondance in advance to arrange a carpool or transportation.