IT’S CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.Book now!
Welcome to Bellingham, WA. Twenty minutes south of us you’ll meet your friendly sea kayak guide at one of our favorite local paddling destinations. Our half-day adventure is an excellent introduction to sea kayaking in the San Juans, accessible from one of the most beautiful roads in Washington State.
During our time together we will enjoy 2-3 hours of on-the-water paddling and exploration, beginning with a “hands-on” introduction to acquaint new paddlers with safety procedures and equipment. Gliding across Chuckanut Sandstone formations and keeping an eye out for wildlife, we will stop and stretch our legs on a Nature Conservancy protected Island in the bay or a beautiful beach along the way. We love sharing the history of our backyard, full of surprises and wonder – we can’t wait to share it with YOU.
- 10:00am: Arrive at Wildcat Cove, meet your guide, hand out safety equipment.
- 10:15am: Discuss kayak safety, paddling technique, and the day’s route.
- 10:30am: On the water! Enjoy the views, explore the coastline, and learn about the plants, animals, and history of the Salish Sea.
- 12:00pm: Take a break at one of the many beaches, islands, or tide pools to check out the incredible wildlife.
- 12:30pm: Back in the boats, there’s more to see!
- 1:00pm: Land back in Wildcat Cove. Load boats and return safety gear.
- 1:30pm: So long for now!
- -$70.00 per adult+ WA State Sales Tax
- -$60.00 per child + WA State Sales Tax
Includes: -Stable fiberglass tandem sea kayaks, kayak paddles, pfd’s, spray skirt, a light on water snack and other kayak related safety equipment.
Price DOES NOT Include: -Personal clothing, footwear, sunglasses, Discover Pass, etc. Please refer to our gear list below for what you will need to bring. Half-Day Gear List
Half-day paddles are great for families, wedding parties, team building, corporate events and more! PRIVATE family trips available so even the younger folks can join without having to pay private trip rates! Recommended minimum age = 7 years, contact us today about getting your family on the water! Triple kayaks available!